The Chedi Chiang Mai details:
The Chedi Chiang Mai is 5 star hotel with 84 rooms and the facilities of Bar and Restaurant.
The Chedi Chiang Mai has 4.70
mark for overall hotel rating at TripTake. (4.40 for Location, 5.00 for Rooms, 4.70 for Service, 4.60 for Value).
The hotel is recommended for Honeymoon
This is a luxury hotel with the rates from 155
USD to 387
The Chedi Chiang Mai is one of the recommended hotels from 100 USD to 200 USD
Located along the banks of Mae Ping River, The Chedi Chiang Mai provides a peaceful retreat overlooking Suthep Mountain. Boasting minimalist Asian designs, the hotel features a spa and pool.
Chedi is a 10-minute walk from Night Bazaar and a 30-minute drive from Patara Elephant Farm. Chiang Mai International Airport is 8 km away.
Rooms and suites at The Chedi feature muted tones, teak flooring and private courtyards or balconies. Flat-screen cable TVs, free Wi-Fi and a coffee machines are provided. En suite bathrooms offer rainshowers.
Surrounded by scented gardens and water features, the spa offers massages, sauna rooms and body treatments. The hotel has a well-equipped fitness centre and offers yoga and aerobics classes.
Northern Thai specialities can be enjoyed at The Restaurant, which houses a bar serving a variety of drinks. The Terrace Bar and Cigar Lounge serves cocktails, snacks and offers a cigar menu. Light bites and afternoon tea can be enjoyed at The Lobby Lounge.
The hotel is situated 5 to 10 minutes walking distance from the famous night markets.
The rooms and the suites of the hotel are accessible via corridors that guide you from the street to the hotel building and via a traditional courtyard with Asian style. The interior is tastefully furnished with Thai design and decorated with dark wooden parqueted floor, walls of red brick and teak and rattan furniture. The glass window of the courtyard makes for bright bathrooms. The bath has a opaque sliding door.
All rooms have a large balcony with view of the garden and the river. The lamps were created with paper and metal materials and reflect the typical style of the North of Thailand and the Chiang Mai region that is well-known for its traditional lantern.
General: Design Hotel, Bar, Shops in Hotel, 24-Hour Front Desk, Garden, Free Parking, Elevator, Safety Deposit Box, Restaurant, Heating
Activities: Spa & Wellness Centre, Library
Services: Room Service, Wi-Fi/Wireless LAN, Free Wi-Fi Internet Access Included, Breakfast in the Room, Internet Services, Currency Exchange, Souvenirs/Gift Shop, Car Rental, Tour Desk
The Restaurant offers a choice of Thai, Indian and international cuisine. The restaurant, which has both indoor and outdoor dining facilities, allows the choice of air conditioned dining rooms with a traditional or contemporary style setting.
The Terrace Bar and Cigar Lounge offers a relaxed atmosphere with casual day bed seating and panoramic views of the Mae Ping River. A variety of beverages are available, including champagnes, wines and cocktails along with an extensive cigar selection.
The Bar is an ideal setting for pre-dinner drinks. There you can find a variety of champagnes, wines and cocktails.
Enjoy a wide variety of beverages in a relaxed atmosphere in the Lobby Lounge. With its open fireplace, it is the ideal location to read a book or just watch Chiang Mai passing by.
If cancelled or modified up to 5 days before date of arrival, no fee will be charged.
If cancelled or modified later or in case of no-show, the first night will be charged.
All children are welcome.
All children under 11 years stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
One older child or adult is charged THB 2500 per night and person in an extra bed.
One child under 2 years stays free of charge in a baby cot.
No deposit will be charged.
7 % VAT is included.
10 % service charge per room per night is included.
0.8 % city/tourist tax per person per night is included.
Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
Buffet breakfast is included in the room rate.
Wi-fi is available in the entire hotel and is free of charge.
Pets are not allowed.
What Travellers Like
- Our experience started at the airport, where Chedi representatives greeted us warmly and enthusiastically. We were whisked away to a Mercedes E class limousine where we were presented with ice-cold towels to freshen up. The Chedi uses a mint scent for their cold towels - very refreshing. The driver spoke excellent English and pointed out sites along the way from the airport to the hotel, and he helped to orient us to the square center of town around which the city sprawls. The Chedi is located directly on the river front in town, which is convenient for getting-around (20 minutes from the airport, 20 minutes from antiques shopping) and is also the prime viewing and participation area for Loy Krathong (The Festival of Lights). Who doesn't enjoy lighting a lantern the size of a small person and releasing it into the skies where it joins thousands of others to create new stars? We stayed in one of the "Club" rooms, which meant we had 24/7 access to the club facilities and amenities.. Read review
Posted: Dec 28, 2007
- The hotel is superbly designed, and offers a tranquil escape from the nearby night market. The rooms are beuatifully designed and furnished, with LCD wall mounted TV. Free use of laptop either in your room, or wifi on the grounds- great touch. The reception area is nice enough to chill out in and read or have a drink. The staff in all areas were attentive, happy in their jobs, and most of all helpful without the suffocating you! The breakfasts were excellent, with a buffet continental breakfast, and your choice of a cooked breakfast.. Read review
Posted: Dec 08, 2005
- The exceptional service started with our free airport transfer (comes with the club suite service) in a Mercedes Benz luxury car. However, when we got to the lobby, we were thoroughly impressed. The lobby was nicely decorated with simple furniture overlooking a fountain adorned with floating lotus buds. We were escorted to the second floor for the club suite guest check in where we were offered a delicious lemongrass infusion drink and ice cold towels. Our room was gorgeously decorated with a simple, modern thai look.. Read review
Posted: Apr 21, 2006
- My friend celebrated his 41st birthday there so we asked the front desk where the nearest bakery was to get a cake for him. We will never forget the hospitality and smiles of the staff and we will be returning hopefully in the near future.. Read review
Posted: Jan 20, 2007
- My husband and I stayed in a club suite at the Chedi for our honeymoon from October 11-14, 2006. I had done a lot of research, and booked the room based on great reviews -- despite the fact that I couldn't find many pictures of the hotel online. It was beautiful, romantic, and the service was superb. We had a large, luxurious room directly overlooking the river. We had floor-to-ceiling windows, and a large balcony that ran the full length of the room. The amenties and service in our room were outstanding.. Read review
Posted: Dec 17, 2006
Posted: Mon, Nov 23 2009
We arrived at the start of the low season (a great time to visit Thailand) and the place was very quiet and immediately we felt relaxed after a long journey. We were bumped up to a superior delux suite either because we were on honeymoon or because it was low season or both but the room was fantastic...... Read entire review
Posted: Tue, Jun 10 2008
As a family of four, we stayed in the Club Suite because it best accomodated us. At the Club level, you get a lot of extras such as laundry service (very helpful with kids), free drinks and mini-bar, complimentary airport transfer. The breakfasts are great and the orange juice unbelievable. One day,...... Read entire review
Fabulous!Posted: Mon, May 12 2008
... Read entire review
Posted: Mon, Jul 14 2008
Posted: Fri, Jul 04 2008
Very good service that works efficiently if you need it and discreetly stays in the background at other times. The Chedi "won" be for its little things: very attentive service at the pool with free ice water, cold towels and refreshing lemon spray or the old fashioned tea time.... Read entire review
Posted: Fri, Jul 04 2008
Posted: Fri, Jul 04 2008
Not the right hotel for you?
Let us help you find hotel in Chiang Mai