Hotel Antico Doge details:
Hotel Antico Doge is 3 star hotel with 20 rooms and the facilities of Rooms/Facilities for Disabled and Non-Smoking Rooms.
Hotel Antico Doge has 4.20
mark for overall hotel rating at TripTake. (4.00 for Location, 4.60 for Rooms, 4.20 for Service, 4.20 for Value).
The hotel is recommended for Honeymoon
This is a budget hotel with the rates from 126
USD to 291
Hotel Antico Doge is one of the recommended hotels from 100 USD to 200 USD
near Palazzo Grassi
, it is also not far from Ca' Pesaro International Gallery of Modern Art and Museum of Oriental Art
and Gondel in Venedig
This elegant 12th century building was once home to the Doge Marino Falier. Just 300 metres from Rialto Bridge, it offers elegant rooms with antique furniture and original paintings.
Rooms here are spacious and air conditioned. They have characteristic features such as four-poster beds or glass chandeliers. Every room has satellite TV, a minibar and Wi-Fi access.
A buffet breakfast is available each morning at Hotel Antico Doge. The bar also serves hot and cold drinks throughout the day.
Antico Doge has great connections by Vaporetto (water bus) to Santa Lucia Train Station and Saint Mark's Square, 15 minutes' walk away. Staff can provide useful restaurant recommendations and tourist information.
The hotel is found in a famous historic palace built in the twelfth century and was once home to Marino Falier: fifty-fifth Doge of Venice and infamous figure celebrated by great artists such as Lord Byron and Gaetano Donizetti.
From the hotel you can walk to Rialto Bridge and San Marco’s square. Other nearby locations include Ca ' D'Oro, Jewish ghetto and Theatre Malibran.
From Campo Santi Apostoli, facing onto the Palazzo del Doge Falier, it is only a stone's throw to Ponte di Rialto, the city's shopping centre and market area, and St Mark’s Square, a splendid gathering place surrounded by the Procuratie, the wonderful Basilica and the Palazzo Ducale, the official residence of the Doges of Venice.
Teatro Malibran, with its highly entertaining theatre seasons, is also close to the hotel, along with the famous Theatre La Fenice, home to the some of the best opera performances in Italy and Europe.
Very close to the hotel, you can visit the magnificent Palazzo Ca' d'Oro, one of Venice's prime examples of Gothic architecture, and the Jewish Museum in Campo del Ghetto Novo.
Decorated with original antique furniture, the rooms feature all modern comforts including satellite TV and Wi-Fi internet connection. Some rooms offer jacuzzi bath.
General: Allergy-Free Room Available, Breakfast Buffet, All Public and Private Spaces Non-Smoking, Bar, 24-Hour Front Desk, Non-Smoking Rooms, Family Rooms, Soundproofed Rooms, Heating, Gay Friendly
Services: Free Wi-Fi Internet Access Included, Room Service, Breakfast in the Room, Bridal Suite, Internet Services, Wi-Fi/Wireless LAN
Can be cancelled until 7 days(low-mediumseason) before your arrival date without any fees. Can be cancelled until 15 days (highseason) before your arrival date without any fees 50% of penalty will becharged in case of late cancellation. No-show 1
All children are welcome.
All children under 3 years stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
All children under 2 years are charged EUR 20.00 per night and person for cots.
All older children or adults are charged 20 % of the room stay per n
No deposit will be charged.
10 % VAT is included.
Service charge is not applicable.
City/tourist tax is not applicable.
No parking available.
Buffet breakfast is included in the room rate.
Wireless internet is available in the entire hotel and costs EUR 5.00 per hour.
Pets are not allowed.
What Travellers Like
- Perfect location, rooms, service and welcomming. Very good restaurant on the same corner of the hotel, facing the cannal.. Read review
Posted: Sep 24, 2007
- The staff at reception could'nt have been more helpful when asking for directions and recommended places to see and eat. Very easy to get to,in a great location,in the center of Venice,Rialto bridge is just a 5 minute walk and from there it is another 10 minute walk and you are in the center of san Marco square. Just a few minutes walk to shops,restaurants and beautiful sights but without all the noise.. Read review
Posted: May 05, 2007
- We had a junior suite #112, fabric covered walls, draped king bed, a sitting area with a desk/daybed, minibar and a bathroom with shower. The staff were all very nice and helpful. Breakfast was very nice and they would even make you a cappucino if requested. We had a VERY early flight departure and the front desk staff did everything to help us make sure our travel plans went smoothly including arranging for a water taxi at 4:15am!. Read review
Posted: Jun 09, 2006
- I agree with most of the prior reviews here that the hotel is very clean, staff polite and helpful and for the money, the rooms are luxurious. We had a junior suite with a second floor where the bed was, which we thought was cool and made the room seem expansive. The central location is good -- very close to the Rialto Bridge but easy to wander off further into Cannaregio and more off the beaten path.. Read review
Posted: Jun 10, 2006
- It was clean, great breakfast room. A very pleasant and inviting room. Great central location.. Read review
Posted: Oct 17, 2005
Posted: Wed, Jun 13 2007
The bathrooms were nice but on the small side. The rooms are decorated in a nice Venetian style. Some of the front desk people were nice and helpful. Nice hotel but DO NOT book a canal view room.... Read entire review
Posted: Wed, Feb 21 2007
I spent some days at this hotel having booked a 'junior suite' via the internet/email. The junior suite at this establishment is in fact a double room. The room was clean but there is little to recommend the hotel generally.... Read entire review
Posted: Fri, Jul 04 2008
Hotel Antico Doge is a lovely small hotel with excellent service, pretty rooms and reasonable prices. We found the staff very accomodating, food nicely prepared, and location perfect.... Read entire review
Posted: Fri, Jul 04 2008
The location was excellent, close to the Rialto and not far from St Mark's square. We stayed in a Junior Suite which was decorated beautifully in old Venice style. The bathroom was adequate and the air conditioning was great and definitely needed in Venice.... Read entire review
Posted: Mon, Sep 24 2007
Perfect location, rooms, service and welcomming. Very good restaurant on the same corner of the hotel, facing the cannal.... Read entire review
Not the right hotel for you?
Let us help you find hotel in Venice