Grand Hotel de la Ville details:
Grand Hotel de la Ville is 4 star hotel with 120 rooms and the facilities of Family Rooms and Bar.
Grand Hotel de la Ville has 4.80
mark for overall hotel rating at TripTake. (4.70 for Location, 4.70 for Rooms, 4.70 for Service, 4.50 for Value).
The hotel is recommended for Family with children
This is a pretty hotel with the rates from 113
USD to 407
Grand Hotel de la Ville is one of the recommended hotels from 100 USD to 200 USD
Set in the heart of Sorrento just a 3-minute walk from the seaside, Grand Hotel de la Ville offers a rooftop terrace with swimming pool, facing the Gulf of Naples and Mount Vesuvius. All rooms have a balcony. Wi-Fi is free.
Furnished with traditional Sorrento-style furnishings, each room comes with air conditioning. Some rooms overlook the gardens, and some offer views of the sea.
Restaurant L’Altea specialises in Campania recipes and international dishes. Breakfast is served in the elegant garden with panoramic views. Drinks and snacks are served on the terrace and in the garden, where barbecues are also organised.
The elegant Grand Hotel is just 500 metres from the main harbour and 200 metres from Sorrento Train Station. The nearest bus stop is just 50 metres away.
The hotel's garden is ideal for special events, galas and buffets.
Transfers to nearby destinations are available on request and at an additional charge.
A splendid and famous holiday resort, Sorrento stands on a terrace rising steeply above the sea on one of the most spectacular points of the Campanian coast. Because of its enchanting position and mild climate, sheltered by the surrounding hills, Sorrento has been a favorite resort since Romans times, (Agrippa, Augustus and Antonius all had villas here) and it became an elite tourist resort from the eighteenth century, its hotels welcoming such luminaries as Ibsen, Wagner and Nietzche.
Most of the guest rooms and suites at the Grand Hotel De La Ville have a balcony with a view of either the gulf of Naples or the hotel's garden. Furnished in classical style they are provided with modern comforts. The hotel has also suites with sea view.
General: Bar, 24-Hour Front Desk, Garden, Terrace, Non-Smoking Rooms, Heating, Luggage Storage, Gay Friendly, Elevator, Allergy-Free Room Available, Parking (fee required), Breakfast Buffet, Restaurant, Safety Deposit Box, Pets Allowed
Activities: Jacuzzi, Walking, Solarium, Outdoor Swimming Pool, Table Tennis
Services: Bicycle Rental, Packed Lunches, Car Rental, Babysitting/Child Services, Tour Desk, Laundry, VIP Room Facilities, Fax/Photocopying, Breakfast in the Room, Ironing Service, Wi-Fi/Wireless LAN, Internet Services, Currency Exchange, Free Wi-Fi Internet Access Included, Room Service
Grand Hotel de la Ville offers an elegant restaurant, L’Altea, where you can savour typical regional cooking and international dishes.
Relax with a refreshing drink in the Magnolia bar where you can admire a view of the garden.
The Snack Barbecue is set on the rooftop terrace and is surrounded by orange and lemon trees.
The Hibiscus Bar is located on the sun deck and offers a beautiful view of the Gulf of Naples and Mount Vesuvius.
If cancelled up to 6 days before date of arrival, no fee will be charged.
If cancelled later or in case of no-show, 50 percent of all nights will be charged.
All children are welcome.
All children under 2 years stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
All children under 2 years are charged EUR 15.00 per night and person for cots.
All older children or adults are charged EUR 50.00 per night and per
No deposit will be charged.
10 % VAT is included.
Service charge is not applicable.
City/tourist tax is included.
Private parking is possible on site (reservation is needed) and costs EUR 12.00 per day.
Buffet breakfast is included in the room rate.
Wireless Internet Hotspot is available in public areas and costs EUR 6.00 per hour.
Pets are allowed on request. No extra charges.
What Travellers Like
- It was meticulous, the breakfast was wonderful with great variety and the lunches in the garden were very good. The pools were great, especially the rooftop pool with its quiet and beautiful views of the Gulf of Naples. The location of the hotel was perfect--a leisurely 10 min.. Read review
Posted: Jul 03, 2007
- This is a beautiful hotel, located on a quiet street but easy walking distance to the center of town. You enter the lobby tiled with marble floors. The bedroom was large and includes a safe and mini bar. Check out the pool and lounge area on the sixth floor. Instead take the blue bus to the center of town, it only costs one Euro per person.. Read review
Posted: Jul 12, 2009
- The reception staff were very helpfull and allways had a smile and a friendly greeting when you went for your room key. The rooms were spotless, spacious and the air conditioning was a god send. The food was faultless as was the service. There was entertainment most nights in the hotel and outside on the roof terrace which was lovely, This finished at 11.. Read review
Posted: Jul 27, 2006
- They asked if we knew a good viewpoint and I took them to Axel Munthe's house and garden - the Villa San Michele, then we went on with our tour. I am a professional travel photographer and my daughter is a classical singer and we have made a DVD of this part of Italy with over 500 images and my daughter's songs.. Read review
Posted: May 17, 2006
- The rooms were large and had a nice view (superior and deluxe, I think). The staff was very pleasant, but except at breakfast, there were not enough of them for good service. The location was a nice walk away from the hub-bub of the center. The room had air conditioning WHEN the management decided to turn it on. For example, we were sleeping in a nice cool room and sometime during the night, they turned it off and we woke up sweating! The snack restaurant is to be open from 12 to 5, but the one service person has many other jobs so you are lucky if you can find him -- he was very pleasant and accomodating when you did. They can fit a lot of beds into a room if you have a family.. Read review
Posted: Jul 08, 2006
Posted: Tue, Oct 23 2007
It is inconceivable that they were unable (or unwilling) to find a decent, clean and comparable accommodation for us, rather than shunting us off to an inferior establishment. The accommodations and the staff were splendid!... Read entire review
Posted: Tue, Nov 15 2005
The food and service in the Hotel restaurant were excellent. Enzo the Head Waiter and his team are a great credit to the Hotel. Excellent housekeeping and very nice staff.... Read entire review
Posted: Sun, Aug 05 2007
The food was exceptional with waiter service ,the evening meal wasnot repeated for both weeks. The staff were very professional and friendly. We would have liked tea and coffee making facilities in room but this would not stop us from returning.... Read entire review
Posted: Wed, Jul 11 2007
Only two small complaints - the hotel did not have a proper TV lounge, and the evening entertainment was pretty average, although we think that this is fairly normal for Italy as a whole. Breakfast outside in the pretty garden gets the day off to a perfect start. Our bedroom overlooked the sea and Vesuvius...... Read entire review
Posted: Wed, Jul 04 2007
This Hotel was in an excellent location with easy access to everything. It was very clean other than the sewage smell coming from the bathroom (due to the fact there is an open sewage line in the bathroom). If your looking for a hotel with good food.... Read entire review
Posted: Sat, Jun 16 2007
So I sent couple of emails to ensure our room was reserved and received confirmation from the man himself. He said if we stayed there the night, he'd put us in a superior full seaview room which had wonderful panoramic views of the volcano for the remaining five nights of our stay. We took breakfast...... Read entire review
Posted: Sat, Jul 19 2008
All the staff were excellent at their duties and always friendly making us feel totally relaxed during our visit. Our room was on the 2nd floor at the front of the hotel having sea and mountain views. The room itself was large having good quality furniture.... Read entire review
Posted: Thu, Jul 17 2008
The hotel and in particular, the staff are excellent. Enzo the maitre D and his waiters are a credit to the hotel offering good banter along with their service. The food quality is also excellent, with a varied choice on both the lunchtime and evening menus. The bar staff are very friendly and helpful...... Read entire review
Posted: Sun, Jul 06 2008
Stayed at the Grand hotel de ville from 2nd of may -9th may,an i must say that the overall experience of our stay here was very good,on arrival my girlfriend and i were greeted by very friendly reception staff,it was also notied how clean and shiny the reception area was. 512 which to our delight must...... Read entire review
Posted: Tue, Jul 22 2008
The reception staff were excellent, we arrived late due to a small delay and missed our evening meal,there was a cold platter waiting for us in our room. The room was clean and big enough for two people,we were on the first floor and our balcony was overlooked by residential appartments,not really a...... Read entire review
Posted: Mon, Jul 21 2008
Posted: Sun, Jul 12 2009
This is a beautiful hotel, located on a quiet street but easy walking distance to the center of town. You enter the lobby tiled with marble floors. The bedroom was large and includes a safe and mini bar. Check out the pool and lounge area on the sixth floor. Instead take the blue bus to the center of...... Read entire review
Great place to visit and stayPosted: Sat, Jul 11 2009
... Read entire review
Posted: Tue, Jul 15 2008
Posted: Thu, Jul 03 2008
Not the right hotel for you?
Let us help you find hotel in Sorrento