Petit Palace San Bernardo details:
Petit Palace San Bernardo is 4 star hotel with 57 rooms and the facilities of Family Rooms and Rooms/Facilities for Disabled.
Petit Palace San Bernardo has 4.20
mark for overall hotel rating at TripTake. (4.40 for Location, 4.10 for Rooms, 4.20 for Service, 3.90 for Value).
The hotel is recommended for Honeymoon
This is a pretty hotel with the rates from 110
USD to 126
Petit Palace San Bernardo is one of the recommended hotels from 100 USD to 200 USD
near Plaza de Espana
, it is also not far from plaza maria soledad acosta
and City Center
This hotel is set in a historic building just off Madrid’s central Gran Vía. Every stylish room at the hotel has a laptop computer with free internet access.
Rooms at Petit Palace San Bernardo have cable TV and a DVD player. The en suite bathroom has a hydromassage shower. Wheelchair-accessible rooms are available on request.
Petit Palace San Bernardo is just a short walk from Puerta del Sol and Plaza Mayor. The Thyssen, Prado and Reina Sofía Art Museums are 10 minutes away on foot.
The hotel is only 100 metres from Santo Domingo Metro Station. Free bicycle rental is available from the reception desk. Hotel guests also have a discount at a nearby public car park.
The hotel serves a varied buffet breakfast every morning. Free fruit, coffee and soft drinks are also available in the hotel lobby.
Located right in the centre of Madrid where Plaza de Santo Domingo meets the Gran Via (the main shopping boulevard in Madrid). Some 25m from ‘Puerta del Sol’ which is a great starting point for discovering the major places of interest the city has to offer.
The Royal Theatre, the Royal Palace, the Cathedral are a 5 minute walk away and a 10 minute walk form 3 of Madrid’s most important museums: El Prado, the Thyssen Bornemisza and the Reina Sofia.
The hotel’s building dates back to the beginning of the 20th century and has been undergoing a careful renovation since 2005
The Petit Palace San Bernardo is located in the heart of Madrid.
Just 5 minutes away you will find the Royal Theater, Royal Palace and Almudena Cathedral and 10 minutes away you can visit three of the city's most importants Art Museums: Prado Museum, Reina Sofía and Thyssen Bornemisza.
The hotel is distributed over 7 floors with 57 modern fully equipped en suite rooms in total, with all the latest technology and amenities.
General: Luggage Storage, Rooms/Facilities for Disabled, Gay Friendly, Family Rooms, Breakfast Buffet, Elevator, Safety Deposit Box, Soundproofed Rooms, Parking (fee required), Pets Allowed, 24-Hour Front Desk, Heating, Newspapers, Non-Smoking Rooms, Design Hotel
Services: Babysitting/Child Services, Ticket Service, Laundry, Dry Cleaning, Wi-Fi/Wireless LAN, Ironing Service, Free Wi-Fi Internet Access Included, Internet Services, Bicycle Rental, Car Rental, Meeting/Banquet Facilities, Tour Desk, Fax/Photocopying
A delicious buffet breakfast is served daily between 07:30 and 10:30 in the breakfast room. The breakfast includes orange juice, cheeses and cold meats, assorted pastries, cereals, bacon, sausages and eggs, and tea and coffee.
In the hotel hall you can enjoy free fruit juices, coffee and fruit from 12:00 onwards.
Cancellation Policy - With less than 24 hours notice before arrival date – 1st night will be charged. Cancellation policy for special dates: 2009 10-11-12-13-14 October 04-05-06-07 December 30-31 December 2010 01-02 January 19-20-21 January
All children are welcome.
All children under 4 years stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
All children under 2 years stay free of charge for cots.
All older children or adults are charged EUR 32.10 per night and person for extra beds.
No deposit will be charged.
8 % VAT is included.
Service charge is not applicable.
City/tourist tax is not applicable.
Public parking is possible at a location nearby and charges are applicable.
Buffet breakfast costs EUR 12.84 per person per night.
Wi-fi is available in the entire hotel and is free of charge.
Pets are allowed on request. No extra charges.
What Travellers Like
- Staff very helpful A very good value. GREAT WIFI CONNECTION.. Read review
Posted: Feb 23, 2008
- The location was fantastic - only a very short walk from all the main attractions of madrid city centre and there was no need to get on the metro system at all except to get to and from the airport (this took less than 1 hour). The room had ultramodern decor and was immaculate (and we are quite fussy! There was a laptop computer in the room with free internet access, a widescreen TV, free safe, 2 balconies coming off the room and a hydromassage shower which was fantastic. Some of the other reports I read say that the shower floods the bathroom - I think the hotel has tried to get around this problem by erecting a plastic sheet inside the shower cubicle. Breakfast was not included in the rate but would have been 10 euros per person per day but we did not take this as there are so many little places close by to grab something to eat (in particular a churros y chocolate which must not be missed when in Madrid! If I have any complaints at all it would be that despite double glazing there was a lot of street noise coming in to the room. NB - this hotel is part of a chain and there were several other hotels of the same group also in central locations).. Read review
Posted: Oct 18, 2007
- It's location was excellent and we were able to walk to many of our sites. Also the Metro system in Madrid is excellent and there is a stop just a block away. We stayed in a family room as we have two teenagers and they slept in bunk beds which they liked. The room was spacious for European standards. The front desk was friendly and had no problems. Other people talk about the bathroom where the door is made of glass and doesn't lock but I really didn't think it was a big deal.. Read review
Posted: Apr 15, 2008
- Very close to the metro - helpful staff - nice large bathroom, no bath but good shower. Free internet access in rooms.. Read review
Posted: Jan 14, 2007
- The beds are big and the people are professional and friendly. The breakfast is good, but not included in the room price.. Read review
Posted: Dec 02, 2006
Posted: Sun, Jun 29 2008
We've just returned from Le Petit San Bernardo Madrid and although aesthetically this boutique hotel was nice, the service was less than adequate. If anyone requests a 4:00am wake up call and a taxi, this should be taken seriously. Their lack of friendly service and incomptence is the reason why I would...... Read entire review
Palace.....in name onlyPosted: Mon, Jun 16 2008
... Read entire review
Posted: Sat, Dec 30 2006
Christmas the shower was hyped up in all reviews, when we arrived had to have a shower on the metro for a hour in rush hour. 10 minutes to work it out and when i did it was great until my wife told me the water was spraying outside the bathroom onto the carpet, so dried my self got dressed went to...... Read entire review
Posted: Mon, Nov 23 2009
Our room was well appointed, with a good sized bed. The bathroom was excellent, with a brilliant shower. The staff were friendly and polite, but their English was not great. I recommend this hotel but think the price will rise as it gets more popular.... Read entire review
Posted: Thu, Jun 19 2008
The receptionist was friendly and we were checked-in in matter of minutes. In terms of staff in Petit, they are all friend and helpful. Yes, as claimed by others, the corridors to the rooms are rather dark (gives you a feeling of being in a hip nightspot) but not creepy. The room is very clean, very...... Read entire review
Posted: Thu, Jun 19 2008
The room was rather small but quite efficient. We realized there where rooms in the back of the hotel when we checked out. The location is very handy just a few steps to the subway and the Gran Via. We walked to most of the locations we wanted to visit and took the subway to the Prado. Breakfast was...... Read entire review
Not the right hotel for you?
Let us help you find hotel in Madrid