Mandarin Oriental Munich details:
Mandarin Oriental, Munich is 5 star hotel with 73 rooms and the facilities of Bar and Non-Smoking Rooms.
Mandarin Oriental, Munich has 4.60
mark for overall hotel rating at TripTake. (4.40 for Location, 4.70 for Rooms, 4.80 for Service, 4.20 for Value).
The hotel is recommended for Honeymoon
This is a luxury hotel with the rates from 446
USD to 756
Mandarin Oriental, Munich is one of the recommended hotels from 300 USD
near Alter Hof
, it is also not far from Fischbrunnen
Luxurious rooms, a heated rooftop pool and a Michelin-starred restaurant are offered at this 5-star hotel in Munich city centre. It is a 5-minute walk from Marienplatz Square.
Mandarin Oriental, Munich features elegant rooms fitted with Bang and Olufsen entertainment systems and a free minibar. The marble bathrooms include high-quality toiletries.
In summer months, guests are welcome to use the Mandarin Oriental's heated rooftop pool. The Mandarin also has a small exercise room with modern equipment.
The Mandarin's award-winning restaurant serves international cuisine, and guests can dine on the terrace with panoramic city views. The stylish Mandarin Bar serves fine wines and exotic cocktails.
The famous Hofbrauhaus Brewery and Marienplatz Underground and S-Bahn Train Stations are all within a 5-minute walk of the hotel.
Some of the proud accolades won by the Mandarin Oriental, include the following:
Travel + Leisure 2008: Number 2 worldwide – Top Hotels for Service
Travel + Leisure 2007: Number 8 worldwide of The 100 World’s Best Hotels 2007 – Readers choice awards
Travel + Leisure 2007: Number 4 of Top 50 Hotels Europe 2007 – Readers choice awards
One Michelin Star: Restaurant Mark’s 2006, 2007 and 2008
The hotel is ideally located in the heart of Munich, within the city’s historic quarter, surrounded by museums, the Bavarian Opera House, theatres and the famous Hofbraeuhaus (beer hall and gardens). It is also within Munich’s most exclusive area renowned for its fine restaurants, designer boutiques, boulevard cafés, art galleries and picturesque gourmet markets.
From the hotel, the centre of Munich is approximately a 5-minute walk, which provides access to the main shopping and tourist areas of the city. Of particular note are Marienplatz (the Main Square) and the surrounding streets, where you’ll find a mix of designer shops, cafés and bars and some of the city’s best restaurants.
The English Garden and Olympic Park are both about a 5-minute taxi ride from the hotel.
After a redesign period in 2007, the 48 guest rooms, 25 suites and hotel corridors of Mandarin Oriental, Munich now shine in new splendor. In the 48 guest rooms, the dominating tones are cream, gold and brown, radiating a sense of exclusive comfort. The highlights are the Mandarin Suite and the Oriental Suite, in both suites the dominating wood is Santos rosewood, of which desks, couch tables, cupboards, wall paneling and doors are made.
State-of-the-art technology provides maximum comfort. The guest rooms are fitted with centrally-controlled lighting that can be regulated from the entrance or the bed, high speed internet/wireless LAN connectivity, an individually-controlled air conditioning system, Bang & Olufsen flatscreen television sets (32 + 50 inch) with over 400 channels and integrated DVD player, CD players and radios and notebook connection to the television sets. State-of-the-art technology has also found its way into the marble bathrooms with flatscreens and modern sprinkler systems.
General: Restaurant, Luggage Storage, Lobby, Pets Allowed, Breakfast Buffet, Conference Facilities, Air conditioning, Bar, Telephone, 24-Hour Front Desk, Multilingual staff, Parking, Bellboy, Non-Smoking Rooms, Mini bar, Hair dryer, Continental Breakfast, Rooms/Facilities for Disabled, Refrigerator, Elevator, Safety Deposit Box, Parking (fee required), Private Bathroom
Activities: Outdoor Swimming Pool, Outdoor Pool, Sauna, Swimming pool, Exercise Gym
Services: Doctor on Call, Room Service, Meeting/Banquet Facilities, Meeting Suite, Concierge, Babysitting/Child Services, High speed internet access, Dry Cleaning, Internet Access – Wireless, Currency Exchange, Car Rental
Location: Business Center
Under the guidance of our Executive Chef, our award winning restaurant, Mark`s, has won a Michelin star and specialises in international cuisine with the unmistakeable taste of the Mediterranean. The interior is enhanced with cherry wood furniture and lavishly upholstered chairs in light blue, beige and ivory. Concealed in the wine cellar are over 400 exquisite wines from all over the world, providing the perfect accompaniment to your meal.
Our luxurious lobby is decorated in rich tones of lavender and terracotta. There’s nowhere better to relax with a speciality coffee, tea or home-made cakes and pastries. The Mandarin Bar is run by award-winning bar chef José Hernandez, who will be pleased to conjure up an irresistible concoction from the wide selection on the cocktail menu.
Relax. Unwind. Take a dip in the pool or just admire the 360-degree views of the city and the mountains. The roof terrace is always an attraction in the summer months.
If cancelled or modified up to 1 day before the date of arrival, no fee will be charged.
If cancelled or modified later or in case of no-show, the first night will be charged.
All children are welcome.
All children under 12 years stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
All children under 2 years stay free of charge for cots.
All older children or adults are charged EUR 80.00 per night and person for extra beds.
No deposit will be charged.
7 % VAT is included.
Service charge is not applicable.
City/tourist tax is not applicable.
Private parking is possible on site and costs EUR 24.50 per day.
Buffet breakfast costs EUR 34.00 per person.
Wireless internet is available in the entire hotel and costs EUR 25.00 per 24 hours.
Pets are allowed on request. No extra charges.
What Travellers Like
- The location is great for tourism and the service and cleanliness are impeccable. The staff will greet you by your name shortly after arrival.. Read review
Posted: Oct 08, 2005
- The commitment to sincere, personal, memorable service in this hotel is remarkable. My room was only fifteen minutes from ready (which is pretty huge, mid-morning, in a top European hotel - they really do listen to your booking requests) so they sat me down for hot herbal tea and chocolate cookies. Bags were already in the room when we arrived and ten minutes later my suits were being pressed. You don't feel embarassed about calling the concierge for symphony tickets (yeah, I know that's what they're supposed to do but, seriously, how comfortable are you in most hotels really asking "can you find tickets for this sold-out concert? You feel comfortable just ordering up coffee service while catching up on some office work.. Read review
Posted: Nov 24, 2005
- The concierge and staff bent over backwards to make our stay and the occaision as special as possible. I recognize that we were honeymooners, but after observing the staff's actions around other guests, it appears such customer service is the norm. The rooms are not the crazy fancy of others, but more simple and understated elegance. To reiterate what was stated in the previous reveiw, the robes are a huge plus. Well, after walking by the others while there, I can say that we are of the opinion that all are great, but the Mandarin Oriental is the way to go if you like to be pampered with the type of customer service that all the great hotels aspire to have.. Read review
Posted: Sep 06, 2005
- The biggest standout thing about this hotel is the service from the staff. I must confess that when I was arranging to stay here, I did not feel like I received good service from the staff when I called. But from when we arrived, every member of the staff that we came across were tremendously helpful - as a previous reviewer cited, they knew us by name. Our bathroom was large and had a separate shower stall with a rainshower. And free mini-bar with beer, soda, juice and water!. Read review
Posted: May 19, 2006
- Besides the great location, the staff went out of their way to make us comfortable and happy. This property was recently renovated by MO and the rooms were large and luxurious.. Read review
Posted: Sep 20, 2006
Posted: Sat, Jan 06 2007
Our room, although nice, was on the second floor over the delivery entrance for trucks and every morning at around 6:00 am for about an hour it sounded like a rain of metal cafeteria trays from the sky.... Read entire review
Posted: Mon, Jul 07 2008
The rooms are spacious, tastefully decorated with top of the line equipment.... Read entire review
Posted: Fri, Jun 20 2008
Unbelievable luxury and service in a great location near everything downtown. Regular rooms are of suite size - including a walk-in closet, sitting area and desk area and king-size beds. Nice Bang and Olufsen tv/dvd/cd system as well as a flat screen tv in the bathroom (surprisingly useful! Wonderfully...... Read entire review
Posted: Sun, May 25 2008
Rooms are lovely, especially if you like the ' Modern Asian' type decor. With one push of a button you can close all the blinds, turn off all the lights & TV.... Read entire review
Posted: Thu, Apr 10 2008
Beautiful hotel, amazing service and superb location! The hotel is not too large (I think it has about 70-80 rooms). Rooms are cosy and beautiful and have the touch of what it takes to be a luxury hotel - every small detail reminds that someone has though of all possible needs that a guest may have:...... Read entire review
Posted: Fri, Jan 04 2008
The location during Octoberfest could not have been better since it is next door to the Hofbrauhaus. We reserved a suite which was huge and expensive. Our private terrace was larger than most hotel rooms. Unfortunately it was too cold to make use of the infinity pool on the roof, but the views of Munich...... Read entire review
Posted: Tue, Jul 22 2008
Posted: Tue, Jul 22 2008
It started with the rooftop pool, which we had all to ourselves in the early evening in late June. You can get light meals right next to the pool, so we had dinner in our bathrobes -- how decadent! As other reviewers have mentioned, the superior room is generously sized, especially the bathroom. We liked...... Read entire review
Posted: Mon, Jul 07 2008
Posted: Thu, Jun 26 2008
Posted: Thu, Jun 26 2008
Very professional and personable.... Read entire review
Lovely Hotel - Definitely Worth The CostPosted: Mon, Apr 28 2008
... Read entire review
Lovely Hotel - Definitely Worth The CostPosted: Wed, Apr 23 2008
... Read entire review
Not the right hotel for you?
Let us help you find hotel in Munich