International Au Lac details:
Hotel International au Lac is 3 star hotel with 80 rooms and the facilities of Family Rooms and Bar.
Hotel International au Lac has 4.10
mark for overall hotel rating at TripTake. (4.30 for Location, 3.50 for Rooms, 4.10 for Service, 4.10 for Value).
The hotel is recommended for Family with children
This is a budget hotel with the rates from 111
USD to 196
Hotel International au Lac is one of the recommended hotels from 100 USD to 200 USD
Family tradition since 1906 it is the right hotel for holidays or for business stays and the only one on the lake promenade in the centre of Lugano with own indoor parking; restaurant; meeting room; garden with swimming pool and terrace; WiFi Internet hot spot; Internet workstation and Ethernet connection for notebook computers are available free of charge at the lobby bar. The hotel has parking at an additional charge and subject to availability. Meeting and conference facilities available for up to 50 people. Additional information; Children age 6 and under stay free in the room with parents and in existing bedding only in Twin Standard Room. Children age 7-14 pay CHF 20 per night for additional bed in parents Twin Standard Room. Children over this age will be considered an adult. The hotel reserves the right in case the credit card should not be sufficiently covered to release the reservation at 6pm on the day of arrival and to sell the room to other customers or to cancel any reservation with an invalid or incomplete credit card number.
All our rooms have bathroom with bathtub or shower and hairdryer and are equipped with air conditioned, color TV, safety box, Internet ( subject to charge) and direct dial telephone.
The Hotel International au Lac, 100-year family tradition since 1906, is the right hotel for holidays as well as for business stays. It is the only hotel on the lake promenade in the centre of Lugano, with it's own indoor parking, restaurant, meeting rooms, garden with swimming-pool and terrace. Historic hotel with honor - The ICOMOS jury has granted our hotel this eminent UNESCO award.
In the hotel's restaurant, chef?s daily specials, light meals and nice ?Merlot del Ticino? wines are served for lunch and dinner.
This is a large, traditional building.
Via Nassa is one of Lugano’s historical streets featuring elegant shops.
You can choose among 30 different cruises on Lake Lugano (pier is 5 minutes' walk from the hotel).
Within a 10-minute walk you can reach the Ciani park overlooking the shore of Lake Lugano. This is the city’s green lung and a quiet place for relaxing walks.
The Santa Maria degli Angeli church dating from 1515 with the famous fresco of Bernardino Luini is located just next to the hotel.
The Lugano casino is just a pleasant walk along the lake away.
Our rooms are provided with TV, radio, safe and direct dial telephone; the bathrooms with bath/shower, WC and hair drier.
General: Garden, Luggage Storage, Terrace, Non-Smoking Rooms, Breakfast Buffet, Family Rooms, Air conditioning, Hair dryer, Elevator, Pets Allowed, Safety Deposit Box, Lobby, Bar Snacks, Bar, Parking, 24-Hour Front Desk, Heating, Bellboy, Newspapers
Activities: Outdoor Swimming Pool, Games Room, Swimming pool, Table Tennis
Services: Wi-Fi/Wireless LAN, Laundry, Free Wi-Fi Internet Access Included, Breakfast in the Room, Concierge, Ironing Service, Internet Services, Room Service, Meeting/Banquet Facilities, Packed Lunches, Meeting Suite, Tour Desk, Fax/Photocopying
Location: Business Center
The chef’s daily special, light meals and great Merlot del Ticino wines are served for lunch and dinner. The restaurant is open daily from 12:00 to 13:30 and from 19:00 to 20:30.
The Blues Bar offers a quiet setting in the late afternoon or after dinner. It is open daily from 15:00 to midnight.
If cancelled up to 1 day before the date of arrival, no fee will be charged.
If cancelled later, the first night will be charged.
In case of no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged.
All children are welcome.
All children under 2 years stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
All children under 2 years stay free of charge for cots.
All older children or adults are charged CHF 40 per night per person for extra beds.
No deposit will be charged.
3.8 % VAT is included.
Service charge is not applicable.
CHF 2 city/tourist tax per person per night is not included.
Private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed) and costs EUR 20 per day.
Buffet breakfast is included in the room rate.
Wi-fi is available in public areas and is free of charge.
Wi-fi is available in the hotel rooms and charges are applicable.
Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
What Travellers Like
- The hotel operates since about 100 years and the building is decorated with antique furniture. However rooms and facilities are in very good shape; garange and pool are very precious. The best was to be located in the city centre but having a nice green and sunny garden at the back of the hotel for relaxing.. Read review
Posted: Nov 18, 2005
- The Rooms are comfortable, with large comfy beds, thick 'old style' curtains, cable TV, batch WC and Shower. Heated Towel rails were also a pleasant surprise for a 3 star. Some rooms (as ours were) have spacious balconies overlooking Lake Lugano. The Terrace to the rear of the property is just superb. A raised garden and pool was installed in 1994, and it offers a superb partial view of the lake surrounded by Italian plants, flowers and trees. Right next door runs a disused old tram track, next to a beautiful church building and gardens. Service was prompt, the breakfast buffet was certainly plentiful - just the ticket for walking around the superb gem that is Lugano.. Read review
Posted: May 29, 2006
- We stayed in one the of rooms you get with Booked. The location is perfect - right in the old city and on one of the car-free streets with great views of the lake and surrounding mountains, and close to shopping, restaurants and the ferry port for boat trips around the lake. Not all rooms would have lake views - there is another building across the street between the hotel and the lake which covers about half of the front of the hotel - rooms facing the south would tend to have the best lake views I believe. Lovely garden with pool, nice paintings, and very classy feel overall. Breakfast is provided and is a very complete buffet with great coffee, tea, breads, soft-boiled eggs, cheeses, meats, fruit, cereal, the best muesli I've ever had, jam, juice, etc.. Read review
Posted: Jul 09, 2006
- Saw this hotel on the water front and met friendly receptionist who sold us a lovely room. Very comfortable beds and fab breakfast.. Read review
Posted: Oct 05, 2007
- Our room looked out over an old church and we could see the lake if we leaned a little. Rooms facing the rear (pool) would be quiet at night. It was hot while we were there, so the pool was an excellent way to relax after a busy day. Our room had an air conditioner, but it didn't quite keep up to the USA expectations of air conditioner (i. The breakfast was a very generous continental and was included in the room cost.. Read review
Posted: Aug 22, 2005
Posted: Sat, Nov 04 2006
Posted: Sat, Nov 04 2006
However, the rooms were old and there were very few amenities. It was so old that the key to open our room door was an old fashioned large metal key. The location from the train station is a good 10 minute walk through cobblestone streets. It is situated in a good part of town near all the restaurants...... Read entire review
Posted: Fri, Oct 05 2007
Saw this hotel on the water front and met friendly receptionist who sold us a lovely room. Very comfortable beds and fab breakfast.... Read entire review
Interesting - not for business travellersPosted: Thu, Apr 26 2007
... Read entire review
Posted: Fri, Oct 05 2007
Not the right hotel for you?
Let us help you find hotel in Lugano