Hotel Charsfield Melbourne is 4 star hotel with 41 rooms and the facilities of Family Rooms and Restaurant.
Hotel Charsfield Melbourne has 4.00
mark for overall hotel rating at TripTake. (3.80 for Location, 3.70 for Rooms, 4.20 for Service, 4.10 for Value).
The hotel is recommended for Older travelers
This is a cheap hotel with the rates from 67
USD to 132
Hotel Charsfield Melbourne is one of the recommended hotels under 100 USD
near 'Neighbours' Tour
, it is also not far from Albert Park
and Royal Botanic Gardens
The Hotel Charsfield. a beautiful Victorian boutique 41-room hotel offers a 4-star accommodation experience that is unique and different to other hotels in Melbourne. the world-s most livable city.
A prestigious boutique property built in the 1860-s and is heritage listed. In its former years Charsfield was a private home that was frequented by the aristocracy of Melbourne. Army officers once walked the corridors and took port and coffee after dinner on the front verandah.
Today the Charsfield has been tastefully restored and turned into a beautiful boutique hotel offering its guests an opportunity to experience its ambiance and soak up the atmosphere of a former grand era.
For a relaxed and pampered stay. massage. reflexology. facials and other beauty treatments are available in your room or in the on-site beauty room. The hotel has an elegant reading room with complimentary books. magazines. newsletters and wireless Internet connectivity. The hotel also offers complimentary access to a fully equipped gym -off-site-.
Melbourne-s premier boulevard. St Kilda Road. houses the city-s most high profile corporate real estate. To this Hotel Charsfield adds the elegance and charm of a bygone era. The hotel is well located to parks. gardens. tennis and golf and has public transport at the door. The CBD minutes away by tram.
With off street parking available. The Hotel Charsfield guests are welcome to leave their cars on site and make their way to the city centre by tram. only a 5 minute trip from the hotel-s front door or to trendy Chapel Street to experience the fantastic shopping or to St Kilda to visit the beach and numerous bars and restaurants.
Easy access from the airport by shuttle bus to Swanston Street then tram to the hotel door. Alternatively a taxi to our door from the airport will cost approximately USD 60.
Standard Room - Beautifully appointed room consisting of one double bed. The room has TV with Foxtel, radio/alarm, tea and coffee making facilities, reverse cycle AC/heating, mini bar, data-ports, direct dial telephone, FREE wireless internet connectivity (100MB per day) & free use of the gym.
Twin Room - This room has two single beds, TV with Foxtel, radio/alarm, tea and coffee making facilities, reverse cycle AC/heating, mini bar, data-ports, direct dial telephone, FREE wireless internet connectivity (100MB per day) & free use of the gym.
Deluxe Room - Featuring a Queen bed and ensuite, TV with Foxtel, radio/alarm, tea and coffee making facilities, reverse cycle AC/heating, mini bar, data-ports, direct dial telephone, FREE wireless internet connectivity (100MB per day) & free use of the gym.
Premier Room - Beatifully refurbished Premier Room with ensuite, TV with Foxtel, radio/alarm, tea and coffee making facilities, reverse cycle AC/heating, mini bar, data-ports, direct dial telephone, FREE wireless internet connectivity (100MB per day) & free use of the gym.
Junior Suite - Featuring a Queen bed with ensuite, TV with Foxtel, radio/alarm, tea and coffee making facilities, reverse cycle AC/heating, mini bar, data-ports, direct dial telephone, FREE wireless internet connectivity (100MB per day) & free use of the gym.
478 St Kilda Road Melbourne
5 minutes by tram from Melbourne-s CBD
The hotel restaurant offers contemporary French cuisine in a sophisticated and intimate setting. Guests can also enjoy a range of drinks and snacks at the stylish hotel bar, and there are plenty of dining opportunities in the vicinity.
The hotel is housed in a charming Victorian building dating back to 1889.
A taxi from the airport to the hotel door costs approximately USD 70.00. A return shuttle bus from the airport may be arranged with the hotel for approximately USD 30.00 per person, or around USD 18.00 per person one-way. Guests arriving by car from the airport should take the city link to the city and then take the King Street exit, then the St Kilda Road exit.
Hotel Charsfield is just outside the central business district of Melbourne. Situated on the leafy-green boulevard, "St Kilda Road" you are a short tram ride away from Melbourne's great attractions.
Places of interest nearby - Albert Park and golf course, The Arts Centre, Casino, South Bank Precinct, Royal Botanic Gardens, The MCG and Melbourne Park, St. Kilda Road Boulevard, Chapel Street, South Yarra, Golf Courses, Lakes, CBD.
Rooms (deluxe and suites) accommodate a maximum of 2 people with a queen size bed. Please state if additional bedding is required in the comment sections when making your booking.
General: Telephone, Bathrobes, Snack Bar, Direct Dial Telephone, Television, Sitting Area, [Channels] Movies (Free), Dressing Area, Multilingual Staff, Conference Facilities, Room Windows Open, Continental Breakfast, Radio, Express Check-Out, Meeting Room, Mini-Bar, Internet Access, Private parking, Parking (fee required), Family Rooms, Private Bathroom, Phone with Data Port, Restaurant, Heating, Bathtub, Parking, Satellite TV, CD Player, Outdoor Parking, Luggage Storage, Rollaway Beds, Lobby, Bar, Shower, Toilet, 24-Hour Front Desk, Elevator, Breakfast Buffet, Television with Cable, Designated Smoking Area, Express Check-In/Check-Out, Hair dryer, Newspapers, Safety Deposit Box, All Public and Private Spaces Non-Smoking, Cribs Available, Front Desk, Garden, AM/FM Alarm Clock, Trouser Press, Limousine Service, Non-Smoking Rooms, Air Conditioning, Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Tea & Coffee Facilities, DVD Player, Ice Machine, Work Desk
Activities: Billiards, Jacuzzi, Library, Exercise Gym, Lounge, Beauty salon, Fitness Centre, Indoor Swimming Pool, Massage, Children's Playground
Services: Babysitting/Child Services, Laundry, Dry Cleaning, Shoe Shine, Concierge, Barber/Beauty Shop, Car Rental, Tour Desk, High Speed Internet Access, Breakfast in the Room, Maid Service, Room Service, Ironing Service, Fax/Photocopying, Meeting/Banquet Facilities, Bridal Suite, 24-Hour Room Service, Internet Services, Wi-Fi/Wireless LAN, Shops/Commercial Services, Paid Wi-Fi, Voicemail, Currency Exchange, Free Wi-Fi Internet Access Included, Doctor on Call, Airport Shuttle
Location: Business Center
Nibbles restaurant open for breakfast daily. Lunch served Monday to Friday. Dinner served Sunday to Friday nights. Nibbles Bar - open nightly.
If cancelled up to 2 days before date of arrival, no fee will be charged.
If cancelled later or in case of no-show, the first night will be charged.
All children are welcome.
All children under 10 years stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
All children under 2 years stay free of charge for cots.
All older children or adults are charged AUD 25 per night per person for extra beds.
No deposit will be charged.
10 % VAT is included.
Service charge is not applicable.
City/tourist tax is not applicable.
Private parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is needed) and costs AUD 15 per day.
Continental breakfast costs AUD 17.50 per person per night.
Full English breakfast costs AUD 22.50 per person per night.
Wi-fi is available in the entire hotel and charges are applicable.
Pets are not allowed.
What Travellers Like
- This boutique hotel is 5 mins from the city centre and 10 mins from St Kilda by tram (stop right outside) and has everything going for it -old mansion, beautifully refurbished, good restaurant, 24 hour room service, quiet (thick walls, but avoid the rooms near the front as the road is busy and noisy), thick curtains to keep out the light, very friendly and helpful staff and extremely reasonable rates. $135 Aust for a room with queen size bed and sofa bed). The bathroom was an odd shape (4m x 1m) but it functioned well and was fully tiled and very clean. The restaurant served an a la carte evening meal which was great value -2 courses for $25 including a glass of wine. This is not really a hotel for kids (very quiet ambience, no swimming pool, although it does have a great snooker room) Look forward to a return visit some time.. Read review
Posted: Mar 30, 2005
- The grounds were beautiful, the staff was very attentive, the rooms were big and clean and the rate per night was cheaper than almost all the hotels in the city. It was located right outside a tram stop and from there was only a 5-7 minute ride into the city. The hotel provided free high-speed wireless internet, which a lot of other hotels in Melbourne wanted to charge us extra for.. Read review
Posted: Jan 04, 2007
- I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and requested a quiet room. I found this 'deluxe' room comfortable though was woken up by vehicles entering the office carpark next door from six thirty in the morning. The staff tried to assist but after three days I still had the same television. The billiards room is a plus though St Kilda Road is an office strip and not convenient for restaurants after dark. Finally, while most of the staff were agreeable I found the manager (on the morning of my departure) had a most imperious and surly attitude. As this woman is the General Manager of the establishment, it is not easy to make an 'official' complaint.. Read review
Posted: Apr 06, 2007
- The room was clean, the bathroom was clean and functional, the television worked, and the location was great being adjacent to a tram line. When I checked in I was given the passphrase for the wireless connection and that worked very well.. Read review
Posted: Mar 18, 2008
- First of all, because the hotel is really very beautiful, cosy & so quiet. We tried the Junior suite, Deluxe room and 2 bedroom apartment : everyone of them provided perfect comfort with lovely decoration details. The location of the hotel is really excellent to go visiting Melbourne, to go shopping, & also to depart for some touristic tours (Philip Island & penguins parade, Ballarat,. Second, because the employees were very professional, helpful & friendly. We had to check-in and out several times, because we went away a few days for a journey to Tasmania leaving some luggages at Charsfield hotel, and once we were back, we also changed from a room to an apartment.. Read review
Posted: Mar 31, 2008
Posted: Thu, Jun 12 2008
Posted: Thu, Jun 12 2008
Anyway, this hotel does not come up on the GPS used by taxi drivers, so make sure you know where to tell them to go. The staff is as friendly as usual in Australia, so no problem there. There is a restaurant in-house with a good menu, but the dining room is very small and full of drinkers, so you might...... Read entire review
Posted: Tue, Jun 03 2008
This hotel is very pretty from the outside but the room we were given (we were told we were upgraded upon check in to a 'deluxe') wasn't great. We had dinner once in the restaurant but, again, this wasn't great and I suffered a slight stomach upset afterwards. I actually loved the location of the hotel...... Read entire review
Posted: Fri, Apr 25 2008
Looking back, perhaps I didn't research it well enough - however even so, I think the staff could have been a bit more helpful to me.... Read entire review
Posted: Tue, Jan 22 2008
The rooms are very spacious, unusually large. If you don't have a car, a short ride on the tram will deliver you to the city in 10 minutes or to St Kilda in the opposite direction. Internet is free, including free wi-fi access in your room for your laptop.... Read entire review
Posted: Mon, Nov 23 2009
The grounds were beautiful, the staff was very attentive, the rooms were big and clean and the rate per night was cheaper than almost all the hotels in the city. The hotel provided free high-speed wireless internet, which a lot of other hotels in Melbourne wanted to charge us extra for.... Read entire review
Perfect ServicePosted: Sat, May 24 2008
... Read entire review
Posted: Mon, Mar 31 2008
First of all, because the hotel is really very beautiful, cosy & so quiet. We tried the Junior suite, Deluxe room and 2 bedroom apartment : everyone of them provided perfect comfort with lovely decoration details. The location of the hotel is really excellent to go visiting Melbourne, to go shopping...... Read entire review
Posted: Tue, Mar 18 2008
The room was clean, the bathroom was clean and functional, the television worked, and the location was great being adjacent to a tram line. When I checked in I was given the passphrase for the wireless connection and that worked very well.... Read entire review
Posted: Sat, Jul 05 2008
Posted: Sat, May 24 2008
Posted: Mon, Mar 31 2008
Posted: Tue, Mar 18 2008
Not the right hotel for you?
Let us help you find hotel in Melbourne