Hotel Charsfield Melbourne details:
Hotel Charsfield Melbourne is 4 star hotel with 41 rooms and the facilities of Family Rooms and Restaurant.
Hotel Charsfield Melbourne has 4.00
mark for overall hotel rating at TripTake. (3.80 for Location, 3.70 for Rooms, 4.20 for Service, 4.10 for Value).
The hotel is recommended for Older travelers
This is a cheap hotel with the rates from 67
USD to 132
Hotel Charsfield Melbourne is one of the recommended hotels under 100 USD
near 'Neighbours' Tour
, it is also not far from Albert Park
and Royal Botanic Gardens
Situated just on the outskirts of Melbourne's city centre, this charming boutique hotel is located next to Albert Park and provides elegant accommodation with 100MB of free wireless internet access per day. Guests have access to a fitness centre and a beauty salon.
Hotel Charsfield is housed within a heritage-listed Victorian-era building. Each of the guest rooms is modern and stylish, appointed with modern amenities including satellite TV and air conditioning.
After a day's work or exploring, relax in the elegant reading room or spend time in the snooker room. Pamper yourself in Charsfield's beauty salon with a facial or a massage. As a guest at Charsfield Hotel, you can also enjoy free access to the on-site fitness centre.
There is a tram stop located in front of the hotel, and Flinders Street Station is only 3 km away. Melbourne's city centre, Melbourne Aquarium and the MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground) are each a 10-minute drive away.
Charsfield is a grand Victorian building, classified by the National Trust. After being restored to its former glory, it opened late in 2000 as Hotel Charsfield, boasting 41 hotel rooms, 2 conferences rooms, and lavish public areas such as the Sitting Room, Snooker Room, and Dining Room.
Recently renovated, Hotel Charsfield provides comfortable and well-appointed rooms and facilities. A range of room types are offered to fit your needs and your budget.
The hotel is completely Non-Smoking.
Hotel Charsfield is just outside the central business district of Melbourne. Situated on the leafy-green boulevard, "St Kilda Road" you are a short tram ride away from Melbourne's great attractions.
Places of interest nearby - Albert Park and golf course, The Arts Centre, Casino, South Bank Precinct, Royal Botanic Gardens, The MCG and Melbourne Park, St. Kilda Road Boulevard, Chapel Street, South Yarra, Golf Courses, Lakes, CBD.
Rooms (deluxe and suites) accommodate a maximum of 2 people with a queen size bed. Please state if additional bedding is required in the comment sections when making your booking.
General: Non-Smoking Rooms, Heating, Continental Breakfast, Luggage Storage, Family Rooms, Parking (fee required), Restaurant, All Public and Private Spaces Non-Smoking, Air conditioning, Bar, Safety Deposit Box, 24-Hour Front Desk, Newspapers, Garden
Activities: Indoor Swimming Pool, Massage, Fitness Centre, Children's Playground, Billiards, Library
Services: Shoe Shine, Babysitting/Child Services, Car Rental, Laundry, Tour Desk, Dry Cleaning, Fax/Photocopying, Barber/Beauty Shop, Wi-Fi/Wireless LAN, Breakfast in the Room, Ironing Service, Room Service, Bridal Suite, Meeting/Banquet Facilities, Internet Services
Nibbles restaurant open for breakfast daily. Lunch served Monday to Friday. Dinner served Sunday to Friday nights. Nibbles Bar - open nightly.
If cancelled up to 2 days before date of arrival, no fee will be charged.
If cancelled later or in case of no-show, the first night will be charged.
All children are welcome.
All children under 10 years stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
All children under 2 years stay free of charge for cots.
All older children or adults are charged AUD 25 per night per person for extra beds.
No deposit will be charged.
10 % VAT is included.
Service charge is not applicable.
City/tourist tax is not applicable.
Private parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is needed) and costs AUD 15 per day.
Continental breakfast costs AUD 17.50 per person per night.
Full English breakfast costs AUD 22.50 per person per night.
Wi-fi is available in the entire hotel and charges are applicable.
Pets are not allowed.
What Travellers Like
- This boutique hotel is 5 mins from the city centre and 10 mins from St Kilda by tram (stop right outside) and has everything going for it -old mansion, beautifully refurbished, good restaurant, 24 hour room service, quiet (thick walls, but avoid the rooms near the front as the road is busy and noisy), thick curtains to keep out the light, very friendly and helpful staff and extremely reasonable rates. $135 Aust for a room with queen size bed and sofa bed). The bathroom was an odd shape (4m x 1m) but it functioned well and was fully tiled and very clean. The restaurant served an a la carte evening meal which was great value -2 courses for $25 including a glass of wine. This is not really a hotel for kids (very quiet ambience, no swimming pool, although it does have a great snooker room) Look forward to a return visit some time.. Read review
Posted: Mar 30, 2005
- The grounds were beautiful, the staff was very attentive, the rooms were big and clean and the rate per night was cheaper than almost all the hotels in the city. It was located right outside a tram stop and from there was only a 5-7 minute ride into the city. The hotel provided free high-speed wireless internet, which a lot of other hotels in Melbourne wanted to charge us extra for.. Read review
Posted: Jan 04, 2007
- I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and requested a quiet room. I found this 'deluxe' room comfortable though was woken up by vehicles entering the office carpark next door from six thirty in the morning. The staff tried to assist but after three days I still had the same television. The billiards room is a plus though St Kilda Road is an office strip and not convenient for restaurants after dark. Finally, while most of the staff were agreeable I found the manager (on the morning of my departure) had a most imperious and surly attitude. As this woman is the General Manager of the establishment, it is not easy to make an 'official' complaint.. Read review
Posted: Apr 06, 2007
- First of all, because the hotel is really very beautiful, cosy & so quiet. We tried the Junior suite, Deluxe room and 2 bedroom apartment : everyone of them provided perfect comfort with lovely decoration details. The location of the hotel is really excellent to go visiting Melbourne, to go shopping, & also to depart for some touristic tours (Philip Island & penguins parade, Ballarat,. Second, because the employees were very professional, helpful & friendly. We had to check-in and out several times, because we went away a few days for a journey to Tasmania leaving some luggages at Charsfield hotel, and once we were back, we also changed from a room to an apartment.. Read review
Posted: Mar 31, 2008
- We had a awesome stay in this hotel, the service was great with really nice reception staff that would do anything you asked. The room we had was a junior suite as I had booked it last minute and was all that was left, so was a little more expensive. But if I had the choice again, from the other rooms we sneaked a look at I would just go for the basic room as they are a but more spacious, the suite was quite nice but you get a small bedroom and a small sitting room, so the whole thing seams a bit cramped. It was almost a silver service resturant with beautiful food and all for just $30 for two courses or $40 for three, a bargin for this quality of food. Other good things were ease of parking right on St kilda parade and on weekends no parking restrictions or fees. And you could, not that we did, jump straight on a tram and be in the city in ten minutes or less.. Read review
Posted: Jun 03, 2007
Posted: Thu, Jun 12 2008
Posted: Thu, Jun 12 2008
Anyway, this hotel does not come up on the GPS used by taxi drivers, so make sure you know where to tell them to go. The staff is as friendly as usual in Australia, so no problem there. There is a restaurant in-house with a good menu, but the dining room is very small and full of drinkers, so you might...... Read entire review
Posted: Tue, Jun 03 2008
This hotel is very pretty from the outside but the room we were given (we were told we were upgraded upon check in to a 'deluxe') wasn't great. We had dinner once in the restaurant but, again, this wasn't great and I suffered a slight stomach upset afterwards. I actually loved the location of the hotel...... Read entire review
Posted: Fri, Apr 25 2008
Looking back, perhaps I didn't research it well enough - however even so, I think the staff could have been a bit more helpful to me.... Read entire review
Posted: Tue, Jan 22 2008
The rooms are very spacious, unusually large. If you don't have a car, a short ride on the tram will deliver you to the city in 10 minutes or to St Kilda in the opposite direction. Internet is free, including free wi-fi access in your room for your laptop.... Read entire review
Posted: Mon, Nov 23 2009
The grounds were beautiful, the staff was very attentive, the rooms were big and clean and the rate per night was cheaper than almost all the hotels in the city. The hotel provided free high-speed wireless internet, which a lot of other hotels in Melbourne wanted to charge us extra for.... Read entire review
Perfect ServicePosted: Sat, May 24 2008
... Read entire review
Posted: Mon, Mar 31 2008
First of all, because the hotel is really very beautiful, cosy & so quiet. We tried the Junior suite, Deluxe room and 2 bedroom apartment : everyone of them provided perfect comfort with lovely decoration details. The location of the hotel is really excellent to go visiting Melbourne, to go shopping...... Read entire review
Posted: Tue, Mar 18 2008
The room was clean, the bathroom was clean and functional, the television worked, and the location was great being adjacent to a tram line. When I checked in I was given the passphrase for the wireless connection and that worked very well.... Read entire review
Posted: Sat, Jul 05 2008
Posted: Sat, May 24 2008
Posted: Mon, Mar 31 2008
Posted: Tue, Mar 18 2008
Not the right hotel for you?
Let us help you find hotel in Melbourne