augartenhotel art & design details:
Augarten Hotel Art & Design is 4 star hotel with 56 rooms and the facilities of Parking (fee required) and Restaurant.
This is a pretty hotel with the rates from 108
Augarten Hotel Art & Design is one of the recommended hotels from 100 USD to 200 USD
near Schulbücherei d. BHAK, Graz
, it is also not far from Alpenländischer Wohnbau-u, Siedlerverein
Built by famous Austrian architect Günther Domenig, this 4-star superior design hotel is 1 km from the centre of Graz. Featuring over 200 works of art, Augarten Hotel Art&Design offers a sauna, fitness room, and heated indoor pool available around the clock.
The modern, air-conditioned rooms provide free WiFi access and are decorated with high-quality artworks. Most rooms have a balcony with views of the courtyard or the Clock Tower. Nespresso coffee machines, a Bose Sound System, and an iPod docking station are available at the 24-hour reception.
Hotel Augarten also features a 24-hour bar, a business corner, and a sun terrace overlooking the city.
An underground car park is available at an additional cost. Graz Main Station is 2.5 km away.
The hotel has an concierge and Night porter and features a pool, sauna and solarium.
Graz offers a variety of sights, including the Kunsthaus, the Mur Island and the Schlossberg. Destinations for excursions such as the South Styrian Wine Road and the federal stud at Piber (Lipizzaner horses) are only a 45-minute drive away.
The light-flooded hotel rooms are decorated with furniture by the internationally acclaimed Austrian designer Andreas Thaler, but also with unique pieces by Pierro Lissoni, Franz West or Ron Arad, to name just a few. The dominating materials are wood and metal, while the dominating colours are anthracite and cream white with coloured touches.
Every room features harmoniously placed original works of contemporary art. Parquet floors with floor heating, air-condition and balcony or kitchenette complete the furnishings.
General: Newspapers, Terrace, Non-Smoking Rooms, Heating, Rooms/Facilities for Disabled, Luggage Storage, Parking (fee required), Allergy-Free Room Available, Restaurant, Breakfast Buffet, Pets Allowed, Elevator, All Public and Private Spaces Non-Smoking, Express Check-In/Check-Out, Bar, Safety Deposit Box, Air conditioning, 24-Hour Front Desk, Valet Parking, Telephone
Activities: Sauna, Swimming pool, Fitness Centre, Indoor Swimming Pool
Services: Currency Exchange, Shoe Shine, Meeting Suite, Packed Lunches, Car Rental, Laundry, Fax/Photocopying, Dry Cleaning, Ticket Service, Breakfast in the Room, Wi-Fi/Wireless LAN, Ironing Service, Bridal Suite, Internet Services, Room Service, Meeting/Banquet Facilities, Free Wi-Fi Internet Access Included
You can enjoy breakfast in our light-flooded breakfast room on the ground floor - in summer also on the sun terrace. Our breakfast buffet features many seasonal and regional products. The flexible breakfast times are convenient for early birds and late risers alike. Lunch and dinner are served in the Restaurant Magnolia, mentioned in the Gault Millau guide. Due to the limited seating, reservations are required.
If cancellation is done less than 18.00 p.m. prior to arrival we will charge the client for the first night.
All children are welcome.
All children under 12 years stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
All children under 2 years stay free of charge for cots.
All older children or adults are charged EUR 25.00 per night and person for extra beds.
No deposit will be charged.
10 % VAT is included.
Service charge is not applicable.
City/tourist tax is not applicable.
Private parking is possible on site and costs EUR 10.00 per day.
Buffet breakfast costs EUR 15.00 per person.
Wired internet is available in the hotel rooms and is free of charge.
Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
What Travellers Like
- The members of the staff are all remarkable. They are efficient, but not overly formal; they are friendly, but not exceedingly familiar; they are attentive, but not obsequious. Yes, the building was pleasant, with its sleek and modern appearance and antiseptically clean rooms and public areas. And the breakfast (like everything else in the hotel) was as beautiful as it was functional. And the location… just “close enough” to everything (especially the transportation center), yet far enough away to be insulated from any freneticism. But the staff… each and every one I encountered… made all of the difference in the world. But the staff is nothing short of remarkable and not to be missed!. Read review
Posted: Jul 31, 2007
- Sporting lots of large windows, it is quite bright on even the darkest days (indeed, a few years ago the management had to retrofit the window coverings because the rooms were so bright! The furnishings are efficient and colorful, the beds are quite comfortable, and the entire property is squeaky-clean. The weekend crowd seems to be leisure travelers, and during the week it's "strictly business," but the quite capable staff is up to any and everything, and no matter what your purpose or length of stay, it's an exceptional value and a splendid hospitality experience. It's small, friendly, professional, and beautiful in a very simplistic and artistic way.. Read review
Posted: Feb 07, 2007
- Not right next to the river in Graz nor by the big major hotels but a short walk (or tram ride) to the river and main square/castle area. Hotel staff very helpful and accommodating. Breakfast was included and had a wide selection. We had an apartment room in the back of the hotel and would have liked to move in permanently. Loved the modern art work, furnishings, and the service.. Read review
Posted: May 10, 2006
- ski fanatic
- Breakfast buffet is included and quite the feast! Has a gorgeous indoor pool, tanning bed and small gym. The lobby is gorgeous with white leather chairs. Free internet access in the lobby as well. They also have copies of the Design Hotel book in the rooms as they are in this book and I always get the newest issue when there, in fact they have even sent me them when I have requested. Oh the rooms are roomy, the bathrooms clean and modern and the best part is the big white fluffy marshmallow duvets!. Read review
Posted: Mar 08, 2006
- It was a pleasant 10 min stroll into the heart of the old town, so a great location. Graz is a bit like Cambridge or York, where you can walk everywhere- so no need for public transport. The hotel itself was immaculatey clean, with a very freindley reception team to greet you on arrival. The rooms were light, spacious, modern and comfortable, with all mod cons and a balcony. The hotel also boasts a small heated indoor pool, with sauna and solarium - all free of charge. However the best bit about this hotel and the deal was that by booking through the Graz tourism board, this hotel (amongst a large number of others) offer 3 nights for the price of 2 at selected times of year. A great deal to entice you to stay, one which was very welcome as it meant that we were able to enjoy the fine service, facilities and food for just one more night!. Read review
Posted: Jan 23, 2008
Sort by:ExcellentGoodOkayMediocreHorrible Posted: Wed, Jan 23 2008
Reception staff are very helpful, booking restaurants in advance and taking care of a welcome bottle of champagne in the room on arrival. The large rooms really are large and well equipped. Good bathroom with ample hot water and good quality shower. Breakfast is buffet, however good choice and well presented...... Read entire review
Posted: Wed, Oct 03 2007
The leisure facilities including the pool are great. The one down side to the hotel is the location. It is a good ten minute walk from the old centre of Graz and as we found when arriving on foot its very easy to get lost getting there. If you stay, take a bottle of wine up to the roof garden and watch...... Read entire review
Posted: Fri, Sep 01 2006
We stayed at the Augarten in august 2006, in room 403, which was very large and comfortable. We profited both from special weekend rates and from a "Pay 2 nights, stay 3"-offer, so that we ended up with very affordable room rates. Nevertheless, I would definitely want to stay there again: Rooms that...... Read entire review
Posted: Wed, Jan 23 2008
It was a pleasant 10 min stroll into the heart of the old town, so a great location. Graz is a bit like Cambridge or York, where you can walk everywhere- so no need for public transport. The hotel itself was immaculatey clean, with a very freindley reception team to greet you on arrival. The rooms were...... Read entire review
Posted: Wed, Jan 23 2008
Posted: Wed, Jan 23 2008
Posted: Wed, Oct 03 2007
Not the right hotel for you?
Let us help you find hotel in Graz